ford mondeo estate

I bought a ford mondeo estate diesel 1998 r.reg. The speedo the odometer and the trip meter are not working. Any ideas,I,ve been told it may be the speedo sensor as in 1998 they stopped using a cable and used a sensor instead.

Reply to
rita mathison

I'm sure they started using electronic speedos before 98 (96 escorts had them fitted).

But it is most likely a wiring fault or speedo sensor. It could also be the mechanical sensor drive.

Reply to
Moray Cuthill

I had a 1997 (R reg) Mondeo, with a similar fault.

- It had an electronic speedo.

I took it to ford dealer, who replaced the speedo unit.

Beware - the fuel gauge was also affected on mine (I didn't realise until I ran out of juice on the A3).

Reply to
xscope