Ford Mondeo Mk II Aug 1998 fluctuating power

I have a power fluctuation problem on my Ford Mondeo. It's not audible as the engine is quite quiet anyway but there are sporadic dips and resumptions of power lasting normally under a second. It's most obvious when cruising at a steady 50 or 60 mph.

I thought a full service may help but it did not so feedback on experiences of similar symptoms welcome.

Reply to
Mark Shickell

Not the air conditioning cutting in? The power dip makes mine feel a bit like you describe.

Reply to
Tim

A first port of call is to check the plugs & leads. This is atypical for plugs & leads (normally it is misfire under load), but is a common problem on these cars - mine is an Aug98 too, and has had the leads and plugs replaced, and all was OK.

Failing that, could be a throttle position sensor or an air flow sensor.

Might not help you much though!

Pete.

Reply to
Pete Smith

Airco is off as it's in dire need of a service, I've seen other postings about HT leads so as the plugs have been already replaced I'm guessing HT leads next.

Cheers

Reply to
Mark Shickell