Ford Mondeo MkII 1997-98

Hi,

I have two problems with my Mondeo. One is a long standing problem and the other more recent.

Problem 1. When the car is warm if I hold 1500rm while stationary I can see every few seconds the RPM drops to 1200 then a second later rises back to

1500. It does this in a cyclic fasion i.e. up, down, up, down and the time when it does it is constant so it's predictable not sporadic.

Problem 2. Just recently when cruising at 30rmp the car starts small forward, backward kangaroo type motions with the car fighting to increase then decrease speed. Very annoying.

Anyone had these two problems and knows how to fix.

Regards,

Ted.

Reply to
edward.munns

Lazy o2 sensor or buggered DFPE sensor.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Not possibly the idle speed control valve? Or am I right in thinking Tim that that just controls falback to idle speed after the car has actually been driven, as opposed to just sitting stationary not doing particularly much?

Reply to
David R

The ISCV only comes into play when throttle position = closed and car speed = very slow or stopped. Holding @ 1500rpm would 'disengage' the ISCV.

Reply to
Sandy Nuts

Well ordinarily it would, and for the purposes of solving the bucking / surging discount the ISCV. However on Fords with EEC V and later, they use the ISCV in a strange manner- one which i shant confuse matters with at the moment.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..