ford part numbers...

Hey there,

Having some trouble finding a ford part, from anywhere! 2000 Ford Escort heater-blower switch control, with air-con. Push it in, aircon should come on. It doesn't, because the switch is goosed.

On the switch is the following: 90BG18578CA 45060

I'm guessing 45060 is irrelevant, and I should just be concerned with the first part. However, can't find any ford catalogue with that number in it, or anything remotely appropriate that resembles the part!

It's just a switch with a light bulb that clicks in, I imagine it'll be under a tenner. If anybody has any new versions of the catalogue I'd be much obliged...

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
David R

the 1st 2 digits are basicly when the item was 1st made(or started to manufature) in your case 1990 the part number might been replaced(many times)by now, or it could even be discontinued have you asked at the dealer?

Reply to
ford_technical_

I see. I had noticed the general chart, but was told that in 1998 Ford revised all their part numbers, so it's all changed, and the stamp on mine is rather cryptic.

The nearest dealer is Arnold Clark, enough said eh?

I'll phone a competant non-thievish company tomorrow. Thanks for the input

Reply to
David R