Ford Scorpio engines.

2.9 litre engined Ford Scorpios come in 12v and 24v varieties, the 24v version being described as a Cosworth.

Is the engine made by Cosworth or does it just have multi-valve Cosworth cylinder heads on a standard Cologne engine?

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

In news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com, Knight Of The Road revealed pearls of wisdom hitherto unknown to the human race, they were somerthing like this;

Cosworth multi valve heads on a modified Cologne engine. Bloody good too, as long as the timing chain is ok.

Reply to
Pete M

"Pete M" wrote

Thanks, what is the life of a timing chain? Apart from rattle on start-up, is there any other check I can do? Is there anything else I should particularly look out for in this car? I am going to view a few this weekend.

Reply to
Knight Of The Road

See the buyer's guide and everything else Scorpio (frogeye) on

Trust No One®

"Trust No One®" wrote

Thank you.

Vince