Ford Sierra electrical short

The car is a Ford Sierra 1987 2.0 DOHC.

When I was driving the car just died, motor, lights, everything but the "emergency flashes". And it was impossible to start it again. A thin red wire from the battery had burnt off. When connecting the the thin red wire at the battery a little bit more than

3.5 A runs throw this line when every thing is turned off. There must be some short somewhere so I started by looking at the ignition swith , but it works good. From the ignition switch there is five wires going from four connectors, one red medium thick, one thick black/blue, thick black/yellow and two thin yellow the later two at the same connector. The Red and the two black wires are at different connectors but electrically connected to each other in some other place, this seems wrong to me. Anyone with any ideas where to look next?

Thanks in advance Anders Jernberg

Reply to
Anders Jernberg

try disconnecting the alternator and see if the short stops, also check that the interior lights are not on

Reply to
MrCheerful