Ford Sierra Exhaust Problem ???

Hi -

I have a 1992(J) Ford Sierra 1.8(CVH) Estate which has a failing exhaust system so I took advantage of my local Motor factors who do trade price for employees at my workplace and bought the middle section and rear section parts for a total of 30 quid plus VAT (which is less than a third of what some of the local exhaust fitting centres wanted).

My problems started when I removed the old exhaust and lined it up against the new one on the ground....

As you can see from the photo at:

there is a big difference between the direction of the bend after the downpipe flange connection on the new and old systems. Furthermore the old system has a support bracket about 10 back from the flange which is not present in the new system.

A called the Motor Factors, about 10 minutes before they closed for the weekend and explained my problem, but I could not fax them as their fax machine was out of toner and they do not have email so it was very difficult to explain my problem.

I would appreciate it if anyone could see where they (or their wholesaler) has gone wrong. Over the phone, they say that this part, which has a code number FE31T, is the correct middle section for all Sierra body shapes from the late 1980s onwards but it may just be that theirt supplier has supplied the wrong part ....

Any advice welcome..

Steve Harvey

steveharvey [at] dsl [dot] pipex [dot] com

Reply to
Steve Harvey

they've given you a pinto exhaust not the cvh one

Reply to
dojj

take it back and get the correct part - show them the old one if necessary (though it shouldn't be).

Reply to
DougP