Forte Seal Conditioner- any good?

My MK2 Golf has mildly knackered valve stem seals. As it's not used regularly, oil gets plenty of time to find its way into the cylinder and cause a load of smoke on startup. When the car was used as a daily driver, there was never a problem.

Is Forte seal conditioner likely to sort it? I'm loathe to fix it properly, as I've got too many other things on this car to fix properly before I swap the engine for a MK3 one (8 more valves, 38 more horses).

Reply to
Doki