front end vibration

Hi all i have just replaced my clutch and gearbox, no massive dramas however after reassembly and during first test i am getting really violent vibration and pulling to the right, i couldnt get above 15mph in order to avoid causing damagh, upon inspection i have noticed that i have split the rubber at the top of my link rod on the drivers side. I have considered the usual suggestions of tracking, wishbone, rose bushes etc but it its obviously time consuming and expensive to replace all of them on a whim. Has anyone else experienced this, could the split link rod be causing so much drama or do i have bigger problems. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
gleeson_roy

More info needed as to what vehicle and exactly what you have taken apart.

sounds like you have left off a major suspension link, maybe the bottom wishbone joint?

If you mean the antiroll bar link bush, then no, even if it snaps, it would only usually cause odd noises and an increase in body roll while cornering, in a straight line on a smooth road you wouldn't know, of course if it jams in something, that is a different matter of course.

Reply to
mrcheerful

vectra 1.8 p reg i lowered the full cradle and removed engine mounts and driveshafts etc

Reply to
gleeson_roy

did you remove the driveshaft's from the gearbox & did you have any problems refitting them ? you might have knackered one of the joints during reassembly.

Reply to
reg

if so then support the front, run it in gear with the wheels spinning, you will see if one of the drive shafts is going up and down, that is the problem

Reply to
mrcheerful