Fuel filter cover / loctite question

Both my Haynes and Peter Russek manuals say when renewing the fuel filter on my Xantia 1.9TD loctite needs to be put on the screws holding the cover on fliter housing. Is this really needed, and why? I fear never being able to get it off again next time.

Reply to
studiosound

There are various strengths of locktite. From "never remove it again without heating to 300C", to "a bit more than hand tight"

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Just use SWMBO's nail varnish.

Reply to
fishman

I never used loctite on any of my 1.9 engines (306,zantias) and the many vehicles that go through the workshop and never had any problems. Just tighten it up and compress the seal it will be fine!

Des It's one of the cases where RTFM then

Reply to
Des