Funny message on Insignia

Just been on a trip in a hired Insignia. Stopped at Reading Services, when I came to drive off the central screen on the dashboard was saying "Theft Attempted!".

No obvious sign of damage or anything missing.

Being a typical hire car with no handbook, we are a bit mystified. Anyone know what it detected?

Reply to
newshound

If you want to wade through it, here's a link to the handbook

Woodworm

bad taste

Reply to
Nige

Thanks very much, looks as though we might have enabled the anti-theft alarm while inside the car, although there is also a tilt sensor, and it came on after I had to ride over a kerb because someone parked up too close. Very confusing car, you seem to have to operate the internal handles twice before it releases you.

Reply to
newshound

Genuine LOL!

JB

Reply to
JB

I couldn't decide if that was a knock at my posting, or a knock at me for having an insignia.

If the latter, I entirely agree, but the selection was entirely out of my hands!

Reply to
newshound

Not at you by any means :)

Reply to
Nige

It is obviously not working. It should have locked the thief inside the car and called the police.

Reply to
johannes