Galaxy, Sharan or Alhambra ? Whats best ?

Hi all,

I am looking for a comfy, safe and economical MPV. The TDi(130) seems the best in performance of the Galaxy, Sharan and Alhambra group but does anybody have an opinion as to which of the three is best as the appear to be the same car, but different specs ?

Looks like the Seat has the edge, but is the build quality the same for all three ??

Just been in a new Touran 2.0 TDi Sport, how would the VW Sharan compare ?

Reply to
a.j.beddoes

Just get the best specced/best condition one of the three you can find

- they're all built on the same assembly line in Portugal, so build quality is identical for all of them. It's a very old design now though

- it was launched 10 years ago and is due to be replaced imminently.

The Sharan is larger than the Touran, but shares nothing with it really apart from the engine...

Reply to
a.tucker

The Galaxy is best value of the three as the SEAT doesn't have a good spec & the Sharan is too dear

I'm currently selling my 2002 52 (02/12/2002) Galaxy Ghia 1.9TDi 130BHP (Remapped to 165BHP) email me if interested (minus the spam bit)

Reply to
R S

The motoring correspondent of the Daily Telegraph was asked a similar question last Sept: I'm looking for a secondhand MPV for about around £10,000, preferably a turbodiesel with seven seats. Is there any real difference between the Ford Galaxy, Seat Alhambra and VW Sharan? Or is it all just down to badge preference and snobbery? Which extras are essential? D.P., Axbridge They're all the same under the skin and you should have enough to buy a facelift model. Make sure you get air-conditioning with proper heating and ventilation trunking to the rearmost seats. Also check you get a decent radio/CD player. The best engine/transmission combination for your money will be a TDI PD 115 with the six-speed gearbox (although the TDI PD 130 is better if your budget will stretch that far).

Reply to
ben doon