Gearbox noise

Hello all Re 05 Focus 1.6 15k miles Just aquired the above, the gearbox seems to make a clonking sound when realeasing the clutch during gear changes,if you let the clutch up slowly all is fine but during normal driving it makes this sound most of the time. Are these gearboxes a bit noisy and am I being too sensitive or do you think there is a problem???

Many thanks

Dave

Reply to
djkeates

I'm sure this can't be normal, and it sounds more like a clutch problem than gearbox. Something in the release mechanism?

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob graham