Getting Lambda sensor out of Renault laguna manifold.

Access poor, got the proper socket, but can't loosen it! Any tips?

Reply to
Paul

get it hot, use an impact wrench.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Paul gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

Go down the gym for a few weeks first. You're clearly a girlyboy.

The threads often corrode in - don't forget to put a smear of copaslip on the new one when it goes back in.

Reply to
Adrian

Problem is the access, the lambda is in the top of the exhaust manifold, and leans in towards the head preventing getting any downward thrust like a impact screwdriver. Also, there is only around 4 inches between the sensor and the body buldhead, so you can't get anything long onto it. i was hoping someone might suggest a magic spray that might free it.

But anyway, I started to get the manifold off to do it on the bench, but the exhaust clamp nuts are rounded! So angle grinder on those tomoz, and then should be able to get at the lamda...

Reply to
Paul

Manifold off (what a b*stard getting angle grinder into area!) Lambda out.

Prob now is two cracks on exhaust manifold, outer lobes.

Is a weld job expensive (new manifold - £450!). Wrap in exhaust bandage?

Put it back togther as is (it wasn't that loud before)? Will cracks like this cause the original lamda error?

Reply to
Paul

Scrapyards normally a start, you can get them welded for a lot less than £400 but rarely guaranteed, try your local engine reconditioners if you don't fancy cooking it in the oven & using nickel rods.

Can do.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Yes.

Reply to
Tim..

Halfords shock and unlock ? or some plus gas ?

Reply to
munki

Went a big wrong I guess :( ... I know the feeling happened a few times to me over the years.

Reply to
munki

Its off, rebuild with lots of exhaust bandage on cracked manifold --- and exactly the same to drive!!! Low power when warm.

The other thing the computer diagnoser came up with was soemthing like 'Idle stepper motor error'

Anyone know if this could cause the symptom?

Reply to
Paul