GOLF 3 Wobbly Wheel

Hi, I have a 1.8 Golf 3. Up to about 40 mph the steering wheel oscillates a fair bit after which it dies down. Any ideas where I should start? TIA

Reply to
Sasso

Either get your front wheels balanced, or swap wheels from front to back and see if the symptoms change/disappear ?

Reply to
Tony Bond

When you get the wheels balanced, stand next to the machine while the mechanic balances the wheel and make sure it reads "zero" before he takes the wheel off. Some mechanics just want to get back to the coffee...

DP

Almost certainly you have a distorted tyre or wheel. Wheel balance will have no real effect below about 40.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful