Golf glow plug light flashing

I have noticed that the glow plug light comes on sometimes while driving. It flashes at a regular rate of about one second on, one second off, so its not an intermittent connection. The handbook indicates that this could signal an engine fault condition. Does anyone know what faults this warning indicates?

Reply to
Peter

you'd have to plug it on to diagnostic equipment, but check your brake lights are working as the vw's are dependent on the brake lights/switch for driver info.

Reply to
reg

Fuel Water seperator full?

Reply to
Tim S Kemp

Yes, see if it goes out when you press the brake pedal. There were two independent switches on my Golf, and it had gone just enough out of adjustment that the two switches disagreed. Otherwise proper diagnostic equipment is really the only way.

Reply to
www.fuelsaving.info

Thanks for that.

I think you could be right as I have noticed that after an application of the brakes the light sometimes stops flashing. Are the switches adjustable?

Reply to
Peter

IIRC the switch isnt adjustable, but the "pin" self adjust's its self when you push the brake pedal down and let it back up again.

Reply to
reg