Golf Mk 3 wing mirror

Some clown has hit my wing mirror while it was parked. Everything is OK except the glass. This is heated (with two leads to it). Anyone any suggestions for cheapest replacement method?

Reply to
Peter

a new one from GSF or from a scrappy.

Andy

Reply to
Nik&Andy

Thanks - I didnt know about GSF. I have ordered a catalogue.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

I have used GSF in Southampton many times over the past 3 years, and find it very hard to fault them. The only things i would suggest getting from a dealership opposed to the likes of GSF are Wishbones, bushes and body panels.

Reply to
Antony

Antony ( snipped-for-privacy@doyoask.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

I don't know about for the german marques, but GSF's quality can be very poor indeed for exhausts for PSA - poor fit, bad boom, short life. I'd imagine they source exhausts for all brands from one supplier.

You can definitely buy better from other (more "mainstream") factors on some stuff, but for other stuff, you can't beat GSF or EuroCarParts.

For a mirror glass, though, as long as it's a "proper" heated one with tint if appropriate (IIRC my Mk3 Golfs had tinted mirrors), then go with the price. Avoid the Halfrauds etc stick-on-tat cover mirrors.

Reply to
Adrian

Nick one.

Well, you did say "cheapest". That's what some scrote took from my last car, on the one day in 12 years that I left it parked on the street. It was about £15 from a GM dealer to give you some idea of price.

Reply to
John Laird