Golf Mk III TDi starting problem

Hi All,

I have looked through previous messages but couldn't find anything resembling my problem. I wonder if you could help.

My golf has recently developed a starting problem. When I turn the key, the engine turns over and starts normally, but dies as soon as it starts. The only way to keep it going is to give it a well-timed "pulse" on the throttle. This happens every time, with the engine hot or cold. I have learned exactly when to give it a "pulse", but I want it to start normally again!

The start of the problem seemed to coincide with the time that my car radio was stolen, so I am wondering if it's an electrical fault of some kind.

What could be the problem, and what checks can I make to diagnose it? I have checked the glow plugs, and they all seem fine, so no issue there.

I am hoping someone can help!

Thanks

Piotr

Reply to