Golf Mk2 Cambelt Change interval?

Chaps,

anyone know how often the cambelt should be changed on a 1987 Golf MKii GTi (8V)? Belt on it looks OK, but maybe I should change it just to be sure. Anything to watch out for doing this, or is it a simple job?

Cheers Mike

Reply to
Mike P

Its every 40,000 miles on a MK2 Golf according to haynes, if you wanna buy the manual.... let me know.... i dont need it anymore... the car i used it for has gone to the big Garage in the sky.

Reply to
Hannah

& it's not a bad job but it's easier if you make sure you've marked the pulleys before you take the old belt off, VAG's in the habit of putting multiple marks on pulleys which you don't notice till reassembly time.
Reply to
Duncan Wood