Golf Mk4 engine oil - Quantum 15w40 SL Multigrade?

I've always liked to change my Gold Mk4's engine oil/filters etc myself, but today when I went to the dealer (Heritage) they said they didn't stock Quantum 15w40 SL Multigrade any more and assumed I would use the more expensive stuff used by the PD engine Golfs.

I didn't really want my mind made up for me, so I got the filters but passed on the oil, and I'll try and find some elsewhere.

Presumably no harm in my changing up, although I gathered it was a good idea to stick with the same oil in an engine?

Anybody know if the Quantum 15w40 is widely available or is it being phased out? And hell, how much should I pay for 5 liters of the stuff. :)

Reply to
Angus

Try TPS:

Chris Bartram

I've always liked to change my Gold Mk4's engine oil/filters etc myself, but today when I went to the dealer (Heritage) they said they didn't stock Quantum 15w40 SL Multigrade any more and assumed I would use the more expensive stuff used by the PD engine Golfs.

I didn't really want my mind made up for me, so I got the filters but passed on the oil, and I'll try and find some elsewhere.

Presumably no harm in my changing up, although I gathered it was a good idea to stick with the same oil in an engine?

Anybody know if the Quantum 15w40 is widely available or is it being phased out? And hell, how much should I pay for 5 liters of the stuff. :)

Evenin' Angus

Quantum has been retired and the new oil is FUCHs .. pop in to GSF or euro car parts and pick some up. Dealer may even have it, not sure what they stock or price but worth checking all to make sure you get the best deal.

I think 5 litres is about £13/15 quid from memory which is like swiss cheese.

Reply to
Matthews_huddersfield