Good aftermarket exhaust shocker!

Just had a Bosal exhaust fitted to my 1995 Volvo 850 2.5 estate, happy to report it is of good quality construction, fitted perfectly and sounds right i.e it has the usual distinctive 850 tone at low revs but with no untoward resonance or booming.

I am very happy as I agonised over getting an OE item (at 50% more cost) because I have had aftermarket exhausts on previous cars which sounded noiser than the blowing original!

Reply to
Me

That will be because either Timax or Bosal make the OEM part......

And they're dirt cheap if you order online.

Reply to
SteveH

I'd hold the joy until you find how long it lasts.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

Just you see how long it lasts... :-o

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

Fair point, but it does have a 2 year warranty, and as I am unlikely to keep the car that long anyway..........

Reply to
me

I'm pretty sure bosal exhausts are fitted as OE to some cars, so it's quite possible the original was a bosal.

Reply to
shazzbat