Great Joy - passed MOT

My little Pug 205D passed the MOT, despite me being a bit leery of a couple of things. It's the first diesel I've owned and I am intrigued by the extra bit of paper I got about the emmission test. The engine got 0.61 on the opacity test. Is this the smoke test and is that a reasonable reading?

Reply to
Taz

Think the limit is 3 for a pass, so that's a good result. DaveK.

Reply to
davek

Great! so this litle donk has a good engine then. It sounds good, well as far as diesels do and gets a reasonable mpg.(50+) over a tankful.

Reply to
Taz

So am i not the one who worries when i hand the keys to my diesel over for a MOT!

Reply to
mattthebear

que?

Reply to
Taz

Which for a well maintained diesel isn't necessarily a bad thing as they need a 'clean' every now and then.

Reply to
mattthebear

Yep, Italian tune-up, I think it's called. Works for diesel and petrol in my limited experience. Plus a good thrash is good for the driver too.

Reply to
Taz