Grey internet

This is totally OT I know, but this is one of the few groups that gets visi= ted these days, and I might get an answer. I want to know the name of the g= rey internet, or black internet, or something else internet, this being the= internet that normally you cannot access. and need special software. It's = frequented by drug dealers, identity thieves, scammers and all the rest of = low life.

Reply to
cryptogram

these days, and I might get an answer. I want to know the name of the grey internet, or black internet, or something else internet, this being the internet that normally you cannot access. and need special software. It's frequented by drug dealers, identity thieves, scammers and all the rest of low life.

I think you must be looking for uk.radio.amateur - just a couple of doors along...

Reply to
Geo

these days, and I might get an answer. I want to know the name of the grey internet, or black internet, or something else internet, this being the internet that normally you cannot access. and need special software. It's frequented by drug dealers, identity thieves, scammers and all the rest of low life.

Turn off your firewall and spam filters, it'll soon find you.

Unless you're wanting to join 'em as a scammer instead of being a victim...

Reply to
John Williamson

Not sure why radio amateurs would be relevant.

Reply to
cryptogram

They may find me, but this isn't what I want. I want to know the name of the 'grey net' or whatever it's called.

Reply to
cryptogram

In message , cryptogram writes

It's where old folk hang out.

Reply to
Gordon H

these days, and I might get an answer. I want to know the name of the grey internet, or black internet, or something else internet, this being the internet that normally you cannot access. and need special software. It's frequented by drug dealers, identity thieves, scammers and all the rest of low life.

Why?

Reply to
AC

est of low life.

Police Officer might be helpful here. That way you could solve several problems including your need to access such 'internet'.

Reply to
.

In general, they are not - but my pointer was to the newsgroup whose denizens match your requirements i.e. "It's frequented by drug dealers, identity thieves, scammers and all the rest of low life."

Reply to
Geo

In message , Geo writes

Does it get an unusually large number of Trolls and scammers nowadays?

Or are you just envious of people who can communicate with all parts of the world without the Internet?

Reply to
Gordon H

ask on alt.2600.cardz

Reply to
Mrcheerful

these days, and I might get an answer. I want to know the name of the grey internet, or black internet, or something else internet, this being the internet that normally you cannot access. and need special software. It's frequented by drug dealers, identity thieves, scammers and all the rest of low life.

Dave

Well you have nearly found the Usenet. If you weren't using Google it would just be a small step to subscribe some of the more dubious alt.binary groups.

Having posted here, your E-mail address has been harvested by those low lives and will now be spammed incessantly until you throw it away and set up a new one.

Reply to
Peter Hill

Just try reading one day's postings (any day)

No - I have a GM4 call.

Reply to
Geo

In message , Geo writes

I don't read the group nowadays, I must admit that I am less active since the licence was dumbed down, and because I am rather long in the tooth for aerial wrestling. I manage to avoid most trolls by blocking cross-posting.

Reply to
Gordon H

In message , Dave writes

Useful!

"Sorry - we haven't been able to serve the page you asked for

You may have followed a broken link, an outdated search result, or there may be an error on our site. If you typed in a URL, please make sure you have typed it in correctly. In particular, make sure that the URL you typed is all in lower case".

Reply to
Gordon H

Copy the whole link, then paste it into your browser's toolbar.

The link (Broken by a bad line wrap) works for me doing that, and searching Google for "Freenet" without the quotes brings up the website and a chance to try it out.

Might work, if you're lucky.

John Williamson

If you cannot work out that link then you really should not be looking for the dark side.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Thanks, that's close. However, it's not close enough but it did lead me to the Dark Net. I'm not sure whether that is the name I'm looking for tho'.

Reply to
cryptogram

I'm not wanting to go there. Just to know its name.

Reply to
cryptogram