Half working hazards

When recently checking my lights, I found that when switching the hazards on only the indicators and repeater on the left side of my

1992 Fiesta 1.1 HCS come on. The right side works correctly when I indicate, just not when I hit the hazard switch.

I didn't find anything about the hazards in the circuit diagram in the Haynes, and don't know what to check first. Is anybody here able to point out where I should start checking?

Thanks,

Reply to
Mick Brooks

Almost certainly a faulty switch - if you think about it, they are quite a complex mechanism as they have to link both sides together and disconnect from the main flasher circuit.

Since they tend not to be used often, it might just be dirty. Some Electrolube switch cleaner from Maplin might be worth a try, or even WD40 for a short term fix.

Reply to
Dave Plowman

just keep stabbing the switch on and off till they work ok.

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful

Well, worked first time when I got home from work today.

Thanks for your help, and if it returns I'm sure Dave Plowman's advice will come in handy.

Reply to
Michael Brooks