Halfords brand brake pads

Just wondering if Halfords own brand brake pads are any good compared to the more expensive Ferodo they sell?

Reply to
matt

Stick with the Ferodo.

Reply to
Paul Hubbard

It's always worth ringing your dealer's parts dept for a price if you have a "mainstream" car.

Some Ford and Vauxhall parts can actually be cheaper from the dealer for example.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Ferodo are better than Halfords, but although I used Ferodo for years in a few cars, I would rate them down in comparison to Mintex (I get them from LCP motor factors cheaper than Halford's Ferodos). Ferodos tend to be a bit dead until they've warmed up a bit, so they're not as good for that low speed first thing in the morning emergency stop, but they never fade and are great at high speed. Mintex don't fade either but they're better at low speed and just as good at high speed (IMHO).

Reply to
SteveB

Totally agree. Ferodo Premier pads were about 25% cheaper at my local motor factors than at Halfords, which made them cheaper than Halfords own brand.

Good advice about checking main dealer prices for OE parts too.

Reply to
Doctor D

Reply to
R. Murphy

IMX the Ferodo Premier pads are way way way way better than the normal Ferodo pads, especially in terms of wear, I got through a set of the standards in about 3k, but that was on a van which hammered up and down the East Lancs Rd with full loads.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Burton