Headlight adjusters for driving in Europe - new Mondeo

I've got a new model Mondeo (2008), does anyone know if the headlights need adjusting (or a stick-on beam bender is needed) for driving in Europe?

The manual says nothing about this and I've googled but got all sorts of conflicting info.

TIA

-- Andy

Reply to
Andy Pandy

Your local Ford dealers normally good for this question!

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Andy Pandy used his keyboard to write :

General information only....

Not all head lights necessarily do dip to left or right, so may not need any adjustment. If they do, sometimes it might be as simple as flipping a lever over - check at the rear of the headlight (under the bonnet) for a lever like a plastic lolly stick, some Fords used this method.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

the main thing is to get rid of the incorrectly sided beam 'kick up' which would normally illuminate the kerb, which is where some strategic tape or a beam bender is the answer

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Hi iv had problems with my mondeo mk4 took a week to find the answer.follow link at the bottom of page it will show you where the lever is to ajust beam on your head light. Ford dealers were useless.

dontshoot

url:

albert walmsley