Headlight glass cracked - MOT fail?

The headlight glass on one headlight is cracked on my 2004 V70, there is condensation inside which burns off after the light has been on for a while. The reflector is not corroded. Is this an MOT fail? The details here

says the lights are checked for condition, but not exactly what about the condition.I've been trying to find a S/H replacement but struggling so far, and would rather not pay Volvo £318 for a new part. MOT on Thursday, if it's not a fail it gives me longer to find a S/H one...

Alan.

Reply to
Alan Deane

if it is only a crack and if it doesn't affect the beam pattern then it should pass.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Alan Deane gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

The official site gives the full wording.

Adrian

Thanks for info. It's in for the test tomorrow so I'll report back on the outcome.

Reply to
Alan Deane

Car passed with an advisory about the headlight. That gives me plenty of time to find a replacement headlight at least. Thanks for the advise Mr. C.

Reply to
AlanD

advisory is just that, ignore it till it is a fail in your case. I took a Fiesta in for a test on Tuesday, it had been standing for a while, so I put it through a car wash which pulled off the already weak left hand mirror, the car passed with an advisory that the left hand mirror is missing, just in case I had not noticed. !!

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Never used machine car wash since I bough this car in 1997. Saab 9000 CSE.

Reply to
johannes

Never used machine car wash since I bough this car in 1997. Saab 9000 CSE.

Reply to
johannes

Thank you for telling us you haven't used a car wash since 1997, most interesting ! (eternal september)

Reply to
john reeves