Heat proof LCD clock.

My Sharans dash is unli daytime and i fing it almost impossible to see the dials and inset lcd clock in sunlight. (Design fault gather new golf same??) I have stuck a strip of LCD lights from ebay under the clock cowl to shine down which sort of works but not too good for a newish car. In addition I have bought so far about 4 small lcd clocks at about 2/3 pounds each from ebay and stuck to them to the top and/or front of the dash. Problem is that as soon as the heat gets to them they stop working. Squeezing the casing of same promotes some life but obviously something distorts when hot.

Anyone know of a better made clock that i can get thats guaranteed to work??

Galaxy one, factory fitted, works well but in no way can be converted to the Sharan which has a different dash top and layout. TIA

Reply to
Tim

The lcditself has a relatively narrow temperature range, a sun visor over it may curer it.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Duncan Wood explained on 21/07/2010 :

Or an LED display.