Heated dieselfilter?

I have a Fiat Bravo 1.9 TD 75HP an it comes with a heating element on top of the diesel filter. I would like to know whether this element is constantly heating the diesel or is it controlled by a thermostat? It has two electrical connections (2x2 wires).

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Blauwvoet

THermostat/timer.

Reply to
Conor

It is controlled by a thermostat. In fact is probably controlled by the engine management system which is fed by a fuel temperature sensor if it is a newish design of vehicle.

Huw

Reply to
Huw