Heater is luke warm on Peugeot 306

The car is a 1996 306 D Turbo

I noticed today is that the heat from the centre dashboard vents is hot, whereas the heat from the side vents, windscreen and footwell is luke warm, bordering on cold. As it's my wife's car, I don't drive is that often. Last winter, I was driving and thought the heater wasn't very warm. The next day, I changed the thermostat, it still wasn't much better. Then I flushed the heater matrix out backwards and it still seemed the same. I've bled the system properly and used a header tank, so there's no air lockage.

Can anyone shed any light on this before the weather starts getting cold Cheers Neil

Reply to
Neil D

If the air is hot through one vent but not others then it clearly isn't anything to do with the temperature of the coolant. It must be that cold air is getting bled into or leaking into the hot air on the other vents. That's a mechanical issue under the dash somewhere or maybe just how the system is designed.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker