Heater Problem with 2001 Ford Focus Turbo Diesel

I have a problem with the time it takes for the heater to produce any heat. I've asked the local Ford agents - without any luck. It takes around 4 miles before any noticable heat comes through. Thermostat and coolant levels seem to be OK according to Ford. Any ideas.

MGB

Reply to
mgbradshaw

It's a diesel, so they take longer to heat up, as they are more efficient. Also the cooler weather may make it take a bit longer.

Is this just tootling around town, or open driving ? and is it a new problem, or always been there ?

Graham

Reply to
Graham

Rubbish, my Xantia puffs out hot air after about 2 miles. Mined ewe, my wife's 106 diesel heater doesn't work full stop.

Reply to
Malc

Perfectly normal. Mine behaves exactly the same way.

Reply to
Chris Street

At what speed and driving conditions ?

Graham

Reply to
Graham

I've seen some diesels with a housing that water goes through that leads to the heater with 3 glow plugs in prolly french

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

Thermostat and

1 mile town, 1 mile open road
Reply to
Malc

If this is an early TDdi yes they do take ages to warm up- this is normal.

If it is a 2000on TDdi or any TDci then your auxiliary coolant heater (tubular thing with 3 glowplugs on the bulkhead) is shafted.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Scandinavian Foci have these as well. Hammers the battery though......

Reply to
Chris Street

must get 1 for my landrover :O)

Reply to
Angus McCoatup

2001 TDDi's are not equipped with these. Dunno about the common railers though
Reply to
Chris Street

If you can find one in an old Audi/Volvo diesel esate they've got a 2nd battery & timer so the engines warm when you get in it. Probably won't help with the forced air cooling in the cab though ...

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Should be- unless they;ve been stood on an airfield for 3 months!

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (Remove NOSPAM.

Not mine - late registration and built only a few weeks before reg date. My understanding was they only went on the Scandinavian models until the Mk2 facelifts came out. However no-one ever said Ford were consistent did they..:-)

Reply to
Chris Street