Heater stuck on! Ford Fiesta Ghia X 1998

Hi This just happened this morning. After putting the heat on full blast to clear condensation the heater now won't turn off!! The air was still boiling hot when it should have already cooled down. Another thread with a similar problem mentioned a "valve type gadget" but did not elaborate. Anyone have any more info on this? Is it easy to fix?

I can't stand driving around without the fans on!!

Thanks

Reply to
carmen.sheppard

Yes, it is a valve type gadget I think. A while back, I bought a W reg Fiesta van, which the guy described as being a really good van, never having given him a spot of trouble. On phoning him again to sort out collecting it, he mentioned the one small thing that he'd forgotten to mention - that the hot air wasn't as hot as he reckoned it should be, but he'd get that sorted before I bought it. Damn right he got it sorted - only noticed about half an hour away from the place that it wouldn't go onto cold air - from my experience these take a short while to actually get rid of the hot before chucking out cold air, but I think 10-15 minutes and still roasting hot means there's a problem!

I never did get around to sorting it out - just lived with it, and if I was hot I'd have the fan off and the window open.

Reply to
AstraVanMan

weird - the heater worked fine when i drove back home yesterday evening. I turned it on full blast and let it get hot then turned it right down and it cooled down as usual.

Now I'm a little worried as when it stayed boiling hot I was stuck in traffic - perhaps the engine was overheating or something? Although the temp guage showed the temp to be in normal range though slighly over halfway. Could this effect the air in from the heater?

I am going to flush out the cooling system at the weekend and replace with new antifreeze etc. Hopefully this'll get rid of the crap from the system and help it.

Reply to
carmen.sheppard