help fitting a radio/cd unit to a w reg corolla?

already posted this in rec.audi.car but wondered if any of you guys could help??

I need to fit a cd/radio unit to a W reg corolla gs automatic. Its a mates car who knows sod all about cars. He went to the main dealer who told him £300ish for them to supply and fit one and when he tried at halfords they said it couldnt be done and then changed there minds and said it could but that they would have to cut up the centre console to get the old one out and bodge a facia into it when they replaced it. Both options are not agreeable to me (cost too much or monkeys ripping your car up) so im trying to sort him out.

So can anybody recommend a decent indy in car entertainment place in leeds that wont rip him off?? Or better yet can anyone tell me how to take the old unit out of the console and replace??? Ive had a quick look and cant work out for toffee where to start. THe centre console looks so well put together icant even guess where to start prodding to gets bits of plastic off. And since hes a mate and an inlaw Im not brave enuff to have a go with out some advice on this one, esp since ive never done anything to a toyota before. Im usually found playing with citroen or peugeot electrics/engines so not completley hamfisted.

cheers in advance guys si

Reply to
cavemansi

Kits: