Help, my head fell off!

At least, the hide head of my Thor rawhide and copper hammer did. I went into the garage today and the head was lying on the floor. I've been able for several years to spin it round in its socket, but not remove it, so I've always imagined that some kind of clip in a groove was involved, but no. The socket is parallel, and smooth sided. So, is it a case of it has dried out and shrunk, and if so, will soaking it in water or some other fluid help to secure it?

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

Thors website has instructions on how to change them, but water will swell them.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

Thors website has instructions on how to change them, but water will swell them.

Blimey, I wasn't expecting them to be still going. That'll teach me to check.

Steve

Reply to
shazzbat

They make a range, the screw replacement plastic ones are arguably more usefull if you're doing a lot of work as the official replacement technique involves turning yourself a tool, hardening it & then opening & closing the head with a 50T press.

Reply to
Duncan Wood