Help needed Mondeo Central locking.

I'm wondering if anyone can help with a peculiar central locking problem I've got. 1.8 Mondeo Zetec (2000) 5 door. The front passenger door central locking has stopped working. If the door is manually locked then it activates the locking on all the other doors. However it won't lock with the remote and needs to be locked seperately with the key.

Has anybody any ideas about what's gone wrong?

Thanks

RayB

Reply to
raybbirch

does the passenger side operate with the remote ?

-- regards

Reply to
Urban Legend

Just the rear passenger door and the drivers side doors operate with the remote.

Reply to
raybbirch

The central locking unit on front doors consists of a combined 'motor' to actuate the lock and a switch to actuate the others via a controller. There is also a mechanical link from 'key' to lock. In your case I'd say the motor part (or the wiring or connections to it) has failed.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Thanks Dave. I'll check that out!

RayB