HELP! Peugeot carb needed

Hi

Newbie here. Hope you can help?

I need a working carburettor for my sons car. Peugeot TRIOs 205

1300(?) J reg = 91 I think.

Would anyone out there know where I can get one? My mechanic seems to think it will cost me a small fortune to have replaced. Says he would look out for one but haven't heard from him for months!!

Its a long sad story.... spent a few bob on a first car for my son. Serviced, mot'd, taxed etc but still won't go. Poor hun is sitting miserably in his room wishing he could get out and practice. Mechanic who serviced it says it's the carb.. needs a new one.

ANY help/advice/news would be very much appreciated.

Cheers and Happy new year.

Reply to
jomadgwick

Try Carbex in Leighton Buzzard.

The website appears to be down at the moment, but they will either have an exchange unit or be able to recondition the one on your son's car for him.

Reply to
SteveH

snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com (" snipped-for-privacy@googlemail.com" ) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying:

These guys are total carb rebuild experts...

Judging by what they charged me to rebuild a single-choke a few years ago, I doubt it'll be much more than £150 for a complete rebuild of the existing one, good as new.

Reply to
Adrian

Interestingly, they have a price list that lists a Solex for the Peugeot

205, 1.3l engine - brand new for £75.

Bargain.

Reply to
SteveH

re

.italiancar.co.uk- Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark

quoted text -

Thanks steveH I'll have a look. Sounds better than the rip off prices I have been quoted.

Many thanks again. Happy NY.

Reply to
jomadgwick

re

.italiancar.co.uk- Honda VFR800 - Hongdou GY200 - Alfa 75 TSpark

quoted text -

Steve, I can't see the part you mean... Forgive an ignorant blonde? Is there a part number? Thanks again.

Reply to
jomadgwick

You need to download the Excel spreadsheet of current stock.

Part no: 13175000

Check it's correct for the car when you call them, though.

Reply to
SteveH