High-pitched noise from Fiesta dash

Hi

Have a problem with an odd noise in a Fiesta - when the car gets to about

70-80 mph there's a high-pitched, intermittent noise from the dash. It sounds almost like an electronic sounder to warn you you're at 70 mph !!! The noise isn't continuous but starts and stops irregularly every few seconds. It stops again when speed drops.

My suspicion has been that it's something related to airflow in the ducting to the vents, but the noise isn't affected by opening and closing the vents, which I'd have thought it would be if that was the cause

The noise certainly doesn't sound like coming from the running gear, or even from the engine - sounds more from the body / trim.

Anyone got any thoughts please. ??? It's a 52 reg. petrol 1.3 Finesse

5-door (air con not fitted).

Thanks in advance

Adrian Featherstone

Reply to
Adrian Featherstone

Could be a noisy speedo or cable >

Reply to
mrcheerful

seal along top of front screen known concern get your dealer to sort it

Reply to
Mindwipe