Honda Civic 2001, cam belt kit + water pump change quote

After buying a Honda Civic 2001 VTEC SE 1.6 petrol (106000 miles on the clock) I decided to change cam belt kit as there was no service book. A local garage quoted £270+VAT=£324 for a 3rd-party-made cam belt kit, water pump, antifreeze and labour. Is that a normal price for this sort of work?

Reply to
Gleb Dolgich

Sounds a bit high to me. Just had the Puggy 206 done. £200 including the pump which I thought was good.

Reply to
Mike

Autodata gives 2.3 hours for the belt; add on a bit for the pump, so that price isn't outrageous if you are in the SE of the country.

A second quote is only a phone call away if you want to compare, or you could amuse yourself by asking a main dealer.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Depending on what engine your Pug has, the listed time for a cambelt change is between 1.4 and 1.6 hours; the OP's is 2.3 hours.

It will also depend where in the country you are. Hourly rates within the M25 are getting on for double what they might be in the North for example.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

sounds good to me.