Honda civic rear washer pipe route?

Hi,

Rear washer stopped working - front ok. Can hear pump. Disconnected junction at tailgate hinge and fluid ran out from tailgate side but running pump nothing emerged from other pipe. Any idea where to look for blockage/disconnection? Does the pipe run in the roof or down below - it is pi**ing down just now so dont fancy lying in the road...

Geo

Reply to
Geo

if it has two pumps then start from there, some have a blockable filter in the tank connector. if one pump then find the diverter valve and check that, it will be near the tank.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

Thanks for that - went out to have a look - tank is completely hidden in metalwork BUT (confession time) after I put in 2 pints of water the rear washer stated working again so can only assume that there are two outlets one above the other and the rear fails first. Sorry about that :-((

Geo

Reply to
Geo

LOL - don't worry about it. I did the same on my volvo 740 estate. I would guess that it is designed that way. The volvo had a low fluid warning light for the screen water, but the failed rear kicked in first.

Reply to
Taz