Honda Jazz 1.4 8 Plugs

Hi All

I will be shortly hopefully servicing a 54 plate Honda Jazz 1.4, i say hopefully as i dont think it has had anything in the way of attention in the last 3yrs - 30k. :-(

I was at the factors today getting some bits for my own car and priced up the parts, the chap told me that the 1.4 uses 8 plugs, 2 per cylinder.

Are there any oddities in accessing or getting the plugs out? any odd tools required?

And other than the usual, oil, air, cabin filter changes, usual inspection/cleaning/lubing any other filters or stuff that needs changing or dealing with?

TIA

Reply to
thomasburton18

antifreeze and brake fluid and don't forget the clutch fluid. air con will need a service and winter is a cheaper time to get it re-done.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Good thinking, Antifreeze should be okay, new rad a few months back, but that is the only attention other than tyres it has had!

What are the plugs like to get at?

Thanks

Reply to
thomasburton18

I can't ever remember changing a set on that one, but it is listed at a 0.7 hr job, so it can't be too terrible !

Reply to
Mrcheerful

The plugs are 12mm and have 16mm hex. None of the plug sockets in a normal socket set are likely to fit. So unless you have already had a vehicle with reduced hex plugs you will probably find you need a new spark plug socket to fit.

It may be worth pulling a plug lead to check the size and depth of hole. Some thick wall sockets may foul on the wall before getting far enough down the hole.

Reply to
Peter Hill