Honda Prelude Radiator--Options?

As a cheaper option than the Honda part I've been told that a Rover 600 radiator will fit in my 1989 Honda Prelude 2 litre manual. Has anyone any information about this please? Also; another option is to have the old radiator "re-cored". Is this a reliable procedure or does it tend to leak afterwards? I've never had one done so it's an unknown to me.

Thanks Des & Cal.

Manufacturer: Honda Model: Prelude 2.0 LX Doors: 2 Year: 1989 Engine Size: 2 litre Fuel: Petrol Transmission: Manual No air conditioning

Reply to
Des & Cal.

Recored is what it says, you replace all the bit in the middle that normally leaks & reuse the endtanks that normally don't. Always worked well for me.

Reply to
DuncanWood

I had a radiator recored a few years back, no problems at all. In fact I took the radiator to the repair shop and they delivered it back to my house 3 hours later.

Reply to
Steve B

Unlikely - the Rover 600 was based on the next generation Accord, a 1989 model is too old.

There's unlikely to be /that/ much difference anyway pricewise, and if it doesn't fit then you're stuck with a 600 radiator and still have to buy a Honda one...

Reply to
Lordy

If it's a traditional copper rad, then re-coring is straightforward - the new core is simply soldered in place same as the original. And pressure tested afterwards. Indeed, it's sometimes possible the re-con uses a core made to a higher standard than the original.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)