Hot glue on upholstery

Stupidly managed to get some hot melt glue stick on to the dark fabric of a Toyota car seat. Managed to get a good deal of out by rubbing with a cloth soaked in washing up liguid and really boiling hot water.

Any ideas on how I might tackle the rest the glue stain that's left? Thanks.

Reply to
john thompson

hot iron and blotting paper

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Angle grinder?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

but bare in mind the car seat fabric probably has quite a low melting point too. Test the iron on a hidden area first.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Frank Erskine saying something like:

Pressure washer.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

You could try using acetone which dissolves many glues. It can dissolve some polymers as well so test it on a hidden part of the upholstery first to make sure any synthetic fabrics aren't going to be harmed. Acetone is available as nail polish remover.

Reply to
Mr. Benn

Hot melt glue isn't waterproof. I'd cover it with a wet cloth and then plastic and leave for a while - if this is practical.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)