How common are blocked rubber brake hoses?

Mine runs in at about 1000kg. Is that still 'light' MrC?

;-)

Good to hear. I would be happy to not be concerned with the fit of the centre if it was std (for that era). As I mentioned previously it was suggested that is how it was in those days and so I'm happy to live with it. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

I just had to replace the OSF brake hose on a V plate Vitara that has been in the family for 7 years. It seems to have delaminated such that the fluid could not return so the brake was held on slightly.

AJH

Reply to
news

Talking to a mate in The States yesterday and he recently changed a rubber hose on his S10 Blazer for similar reasons.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

The one I found was the same problem: fluid going out ok but not returning. The first symptom was that the wheel trim fell off: the wheel had got so hot that the trim actually melted off (held on by the wheel studs on an old Triumph Acclaim) The wheel was very hard to turn as the brake was stuck on, I initially thought seized caliper, but once I took it off I found that the caliper was free, so I replaced it after a clean out, same problem, it was then I discovered that if I undid the bleed nipple the wheel could turn again, and I could not push the piston back unless I released the bleed nipple, then I tried undoing the brake line at the master cylinder, same problem. As the pipes were undamaged it almost had to be the flexi, so I took that off and found that I could blow through it in only one direction. A once in a career moment, so far.

Reply to
Mrcheerful

Seems it's not as uncommon (in the general sense) as I / we may have thought.

I happened to mention the Berlingo thing whilst talking to the BIL yesterday and he had the exactly the same (as you) on his Transit. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m