How much ?!?!?

Just been to Portsmouth at the weekend with my gf visiting one of her=20 friends from Uni, we drove past a car garage one of the cars they were=20 selling was a P reg Renault Clio.

I saw the price tag and thought "EH!!!.. that'll be there for a long=20 time" - How does =A34295 sound ?????

--=20 Cheers.

- The liver is EVIL and MUST be punished -

Reply to
. BaldyBastard .

It sound as though you are posting in HTML instead of ascii so I haven't got a clue what you're on about.

Dave Baker - Puma Race Engines

I'm not at all sure why women like men. We're argumentative, childish, unsociable and extremely unappealing naked. I'm quite grateful they do though.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Er... no he's not.

Reply to
Adam Stemp

The message from "Adam Stemp" contains these words:

No, but Dave's codepage is screwed up so he saw the price as -A34295 only the - was a =.

Reply to
Guy King

It doesn't sound too bad to me, but it depends on the model, the mileage and the condition.

Reply to
Peter

Not too bad???! An 8-year old French shopping trolley for over 4 grand????

Peter

Reply to
AstraVanMan

The 'quid' sign isn't an approved ASCII character for newsgroup use, so may or may not come out as such on your browser. The way round is to say

4295 gbp.
Reply to
Dave Plowman

Hmm. I wonder if you'd mind telling us how much you paid for your Fiat, and whether you think it was a good price?! There's one born every minute!

Reply to
Rob

Smaller cars make a lot more in the UK than this side of the pond....... small cars sell well here at auctions when UK buyers are across at the bigger sales...... we tend to off-load px at those.... for the record.....

1999 - 2000 Clio 1.2 in good condition makes about 2K - 3K to the trade..... anyone even looking at a P reg at that price needs their head examined.

JK

I saw the price tag and thought "EH!!!.. that'll be there for a long time" - How does £4295 sound ?????

-- Cheers.

- The liver is EVIL and MUST be punished -

Reply to
JK

Oh yeah, I was thinking it was the newer model :-(. It is a bit much, if it was a slightly newer one then it may have been reasonable.

Reply to
Peter

It seems expensive to me but what do you know about it?

A decent auto/PAS/5door/low mileage/svce history car will be in demand regardless of the make/model.

I reckon they are probably trying it on for a week or two before dropping it to something sensible.

Reply to
Alan

In article , Peter writes

Come on. It's French. It's a Renault. It's worth about a quarter of what the dealer's asking, unless it's goldplated.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

The message from petermcmillan snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Peter) contains these words:

We bought an M-reg last year for 1150 for the 1.4 auto with the electric frills.

Reply to
Guy King

You must be as thick as you appear then as everyone else can read the message.

Reply to
Kyle2

Hello,

It's either a part exchange or the same place is offering a finance deal with really high apr. I went to a main dealers once and a car was 5995 if I paid cash but 6650 if i trade din a car! so i was paying them extra to take my car off me. surely if i give them a car and money the price reduces!!!

I saw the price tag and thought "EH!!!.. that'll be there for a long time" - How does £4295 sound ?????

Reply to
Kyle2

If it's smart and shiney, someone might fall for it if it's got some nice extras. Some people like to consider they've got a bargain if they can get, say, £500 knocked off the price in the window.

If you've got a nice forecourt and can offer p/ex, credit, coffee, etc., you can market to the rich and stupid. It's niche marketing. I remember going with a friend to see a Metro. It looked older and, under the respray, more worn than it should have done. It was a nice colour and had electric windows (wow!). After the garage spun a tale about the personal plate that was on the car not belonging to it I said I didn't even want to bother having a test drive. My friend had her heart set at that stage and insisted on the drive. I let another friend take the wheel and was, in once sense, relieved that the car had no brakes as it made the purchase decision easy.

If I was dealing I would prefer to give the customers a good deal but some people can only think about making money. Like you, I hope they don't sell the Clio.

Reply to
dp