How much is this VAN Worth - 2001 Mercedes Sprinter 311 CDi LWB

Hi,

Not sure if there is a dedicated newsgroup for VANS. If there is one can you please point it to me. Anyhow can someone put a price on my VAN? I put it in auction and the auction house has come with a confirmed bid of =A33K. To me that sounds way too low. I would have though at least =A35 - =A35.5 for it. Am I expecting too much? Can someone put a price on it? Are there any second user online VAN price guides on net that perhaps someone can point me to?

Here are the details: Mercedes Sprinter Panel Van

2001, Y reg 311 CDI 2.2 Litre LWB (4 meter) Hi roof Side door White colour 147K Genuine mileage, PAS Stereo MOT till April 2006 TAX till Dec 2005 NO VAT - as private sale.

I am the second owner, No Service history - have some bits and pieces of paperwork, I had it serviced recently and have paperwork for it. The van is in Average condition.

Thanks

Jag Mann

Reply to
jagemail

depends on what you want to pay for it I've seen vans like that going for as much as the £9k mark, so if you offer £3k and get it you have got a potential bargain :) at least it's got enough poke to actually move :)

Not sure if there is a dedicated newsgroup for VANS. If there is one can you please point it to me. Anyhow can someone put a price on my VAN? I put it in auction and the auction house has come with a confirmed bid of £3K. To me that sounds way too low. I would have though at least £5 - £5.5 for it. Am I expecting too much? Can someone put a price on it? Are there any second user online VAN price guides on net that perhaps someone can point me to?

Here are the details: Mercedes Sprinter Panel Van

2001, Y reg 311 CDI 2.2 Litre LWB (4 meter) Hi roof Side door White colour 147K Genuine mileage, PAS Stereo MOT till April 2006 TAX till Dec 2005 NO VAT - as private sale.

I am the second owner, No Service history - have some bits and pieces of paperwork, I had it serviced recently and have paperwork for it. The van is in Average condition.

Thanks

Jag Mann

Reply to
dojj

You missed the fact that he's selling it, not looking at buying it!

And 'enough' poke to actually move??? Nah - IMHO the 311CDIs are gutless -

313CDI minimum - same size engine, so should in theory be just as good, economy wise, around town, and 20 more bhp to boot whilst on the move.
Reply to
AstraVanMan

we run 311's at work and they ain't bad :) a bit too mechanical compared to our new vito's, which are op notch :) but nonetheless, they are fine for what we want

Reply to
dojj

All the CDI's are chippable to the next level, so if the engine is healthy but underpowered you can give it a boost at least one level.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..