How much more petrol does T5 S70 range consume than the other models?

What are the MPGs for the various engine volvo S70s? In the guides there hardly seems to be any difference between any of them. 25-28 MPG.It claims the T5 gets 27 mpg and the 2.4 gets 25 mpg. I was thinking the T5 would consume more. Is the T5 more costly to run in fuel?

Reply to
Jim

Not necessarily. A 2 Litre Capri returns better MPG than a 1.6.

Reply to
Conor

And a 1600 Mk.II Scrote gets way better mileage than the 1100.

Pity I bought the 1100 as my first car to 'save money on petrol'.

:-(

Reply to
PC Paul

1100 Capri? I thought the smallest engine was 1.3.
Reply to
Johannes

Scrote = Escort MKII, not a Capri. The smallest one Capri was a 1.3, and a hateful vehicle it was too.

My 1.8 Mondeo got better economy than the 1.6 I had before it.

Os

***
Reply to
Senor Osito

We had a "00 S70 T5 Automatic --- the high pressure turbo on a 2.3 L engine. On western US Interstates, cruising on speed control at 70-80 MPH that car got between 30 and 31 MPG. Around town it got about 24-25 MPG.

Reply to
mdrawson

Both 2.5's will average 31-34mpg in mixed driving at reasonable speeds. The

2.0's will do 2-3mpg less in the same conditions. (avoid the 10v, and the 20v wasnt available in the 70 series)

The 2.5T does around 1-2mpg worse than the NA 2.5's, but with significantly better performance. The T5 3-4mpg less again. This will drop to the low 20's if you use the power.

Take another 1-3mpg off if its an auto.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim..

In news: snipped-for-privacy@bt.com, Tim.. revealed pearls of wisdom hitherto unknown to the human race, they were somerthing like this;

Yes it was. I used to have one, an LPT 20v V70. S110 TAV where are you now?

My Renault Safrane has the Volvo 2.5 20v engine in, and quite possibly the Volvo autobox as well.

Round town it's possible to get 27 mpg from it if the traffic isn't too bad, on a motorway run at 80-90 it'll average 28 mpg all day.

If you want to buy it, it's yours for £1100.

Reply to
Pete M

t5's get driven a bit harder, the miliage is not much different....they are more fun to "stomp on"...

Reply to
~^ beancounter ~^

Read that again- i said the 2 litre 20v NA was not available in the 70 series.

Tim..

Reply to
Tim (remove obvious)

In news:37qdnQ_79 snipped-for-privacy@bt.com, Tim (remove obvious) revealed pearls of wisdom hitherto unknown to the human race, they were somerthing like this;

indeed you did. I missed that bit....

Reply to
Pete M

The Volvos of that era (850s and classic 70 series) use an Aisin Warner transmission (AW50-42LE if it's 4 speed, can't remember the code for the later 5 speed).

Newer models might be using GM transmissions.

What's the maker of the gearbox in your Renault - I've always been curious as to what was mated to the engine in those.

Reply to
Douglas Hall

Err, maybe not where you are, definitely here.

Hammo

Reply to
Hammo

I'll have a look in a bit.