How prime a rover 218 SDi

I failed to get my rover 218 SDi (L reg) to start after some 6 months stationary. I was going to give it away, so I am not going to spend any money on it.

The thought occured to me that I may need to prime the engine, but I have no idea how. Any one able totalk me through it?

So far I have tried spraying WD40 everywhere and turning the glow plugs on a load of times before starting.

TIA.

Reply to
David Jones

it won't need priming unless there was a pre-existing fault, even one faulty glowplug can prevent these starting. I would give it a spray of easy start or even wd40 up the air intake . then try and start it, it will probably cough into life

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

If it's the same as my 600 diesel then there's a little squeezy bulb (like the doc uses when checking blood pressure) just before the fuel filter. Give that a few squeezes.

Reply to
the.best.names.are.gone