How to get car tax if car has none?

If I buy a second hand car with no tax, can I go and buy the road tax right away, with my name not being on the V5 right away? (I will have insurance and the mot)

Also how do you get a refund of old tax?Can you just hand it in at the post office and get the money right away?

Reply to
James Wilson

tax refund you need to fill in a form from the post office then send it away for a refund.

Reply to
reg

Yes. Make sure that the seller gives you the green bit of the V5.

No. You have to fill in a form, attach the disc and send it off. They'll issue a cheque.

Reply to
Conor