How to replace inner tie rod on 93 Bonneville?

I have replaced an outer tie rod end before but never had to replace the inner tie rod end. How difficult is it to remove and to replace an inner tie rod end on driver side of a Bonneville 1993? Do I have to replace the dust boot too or new part comes with dust boot? Any previous experience do's and don'ts?

Reply to
news

Usually inner tie rod ends are factory fit job with staked joints and sometimes shimming etc. In UK we usually have to fit a steering rack complete.

mrcheerful

Reply to
mrcheerful

The message from "news" contains these words:

I've never heard of a motorbike having tierods!

Reply to
Guy King

I did a maestro without too much hassle after bending one of them. I think at the time a scrap steering rack was just a little bit more expensive than a new tie rod (crap scrappy), and I knew my rack was ok.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George