how to... SAVE YOUR DRIVING LICENCE

"What must the officer do, and what should you do

When you are being reported for speeding, the Police Officer must tell you: "That you will be reported for consideration of the question of prosecuting you for exceeding the speed limit." It must either be given verbally or in writing at the time, or in writing within fourteen days or a summons be issued within fourteen days. Following this Notice of Intended Prosecution, he should then caution you by saying, "You do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned, something you later rely on in Court. Anything you do say may be given in evidence." Under Section 1 of the Road Traffic Offenders Act, 1988, section 1, it states, " A person shall not be convicted of an offence to which this section applies, (speeding, dangerous driving, careless driving, failing to conform to traffic lights, failing to conform to stop signs, continuous white lines in the middle of the road and other mandatory road signs) unless the Notice of Intended Prosecution was given. When being booked for speeding or any other offence, if possible switch on a tape..."

For a full FREE download go to...

Pedro Dos Santos

......don't speed. Drive with care and consideration ....

Reply to
Roger

Is there a newsgroup uk.rec.pious.driving?

Reply to
Carl Bowman

ITYM uk.rec.safe.driving

Cheers,

Reply to
James Dore

OK, I'll bite. Driving at an arbitrary proscribed speed limit is not necessarily the same as safe driving!

(See threads passim.)

Reply to
Carl Bowman

No. That's only part of the equation, and only part of the post you replied to:

The latter sentence is more important that just speed alone.

Cheers,

Reply to
James Dore

Hi,

well I've got this Ducati 900ss... with '99 plates (in the US the year is on the plate) that I ride regularly.

the plates are old enough that they d> ......don't speed. Drive with care and consideration ....

Reply to
Anonymouse